1. Attend a free VHDA-sponsored Homeownership Education Class.
Get the facts before you buy!
Attend a free Homeownership Education class or take the course online.
- How to read a credit report
- Creating a budget
- What to expect at loan application
- Working with your real estate agent
- The importance of a home inspection
- To find classes click here
2. Meet with a VHDA lender to become pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
Contact a VHDA approved lender today to determine which loan program best meets your needs.
For a list of approved lenders click here
VHDA programs offer:
- Below market interest rates
- Flexible qualifying ratios
- Low- or no-down payment loans
- Flexible credit standards
- 30-year fixed rates
3. Select a real estate agent to help you find your perfect first home.
For a list of real estate agents who are members of VHDA's Real Estate Agent Connection click here.
4. Get a home inspection
5. Sign all legal documents